Class of 2022 Outcomes: Rebecca Korn Oversees Opera Wardrobe

Jun 05th, 2022

Screenshot_20220502-185103_Gallery-e1654273453967.jpg
Rebecca Korn
Washington, D.C.
Theater and Computer Science
Wolf Trap Opera

HPU graduates are leading prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2022:

Name: Rebecca Korn

Hometown: Washington, D.C.

Major: Theater and computer science

Post-graduation plans: Korn joins Wolf Trap Opera in Vienna, Virginia, in the Head Wardrobe Crew as a stitcher. She constructs costumes for the summer opera series and is in charge of quick changes and any alterations needed.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University helped me by giving me mentors who made sure I knew my worth and that I didn’t accept a job that would undervalue me in any way.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU was Bailey Powell, my costuming professor. She always believed in me and showed me an immense level of respect. She was my biggest supporter and constructive critic. I‘m so grateful for her mentorship and friendship.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was performing for the first time after the pandemic shut everything down. As soon as I stepped on stage, I forgot all about the pandemic. All that mattered in that moment was giving the performance my all.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Take advantage of all the things available here at HPU, but don’t be afraid to say no. Burnout is real, and it is important to learn your personal limits.”