Internship Profile: Amelia Guerrero Gains Marketing Experience

Jun 14th, 2022

Read More Internship Profiles

Name: Amelia Guerrero

Hometown: Charlotte, North Carolina

Major: Advertising, public relations and strategic communication with a minor in marketing

Internship: Guerrero joins Trane Technologies, a manufacturing company and sustainability innovator, in their Enterprise Program for Interns and Co-ops (EPIC) as a marketing intern. In her role, she measures data sentiment, writes blogs, organizes email campaigns and manages various marketing materials.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has helped me discover my passion for marketing and its influence on my major. Marketing is an essential aspect of strategic communication and helps unfold the persuasive, analytical qualities behind advertising and public relations. When I was having difficulty deciding on an internship that would best challenge me, career advisors in the Office of Career and Professional Development helped me explore the many fields and learning opportunities my major has to offer.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Nakia Shelton is my most impactful mentor at HPU. Along with being my academic advisor, she is one of the best professors I’ve ever had. Professor Shelton has helped me believe in myself, recognize my strengths and weaknesses, and use those qualities to continue to grow. She has also written recommendations for me, helped me qualify to graduate a semester early and is always there to support me.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future? “My internship is a gift of real-world experience. I am a hybrid intern, so some days I work in the office and some days I work virtually. Each environment is completely different, and I am acquiring skills and experience from working both in-person and remote. My internship has already taught me how to overcome challenges and to communicate effectively in both environments.”