Class of 2022 Outcomes: Allison Christian Pursues Legal Degree

Jul 14th, 2022

J8A0119-Allison-Christian-e1657803248610.jpg
Allison Christian
Audubon, Pennsylvania
Criminal Justice

HPU graduates are leading prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary graduate from the Class of 2022:

Name: Allison Christian

Hometown: Audubon, Pennsylvania

Major: Criminal justice with minors in creative writing and psychology

Post-graduation plans: Christian will be attending Wake Forest University School of Law in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, to pursue a Juris Doctor degree.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University’s amazing professors, pre-law advisors and mentors in the criminal justice department helped me find my path to success. These engaging instructors made me realize I want to continue my education in criminal justice. Dr. Lillian Watson, my business law professor, inspired me to apply to Wake Forest School of Law.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor was Dr. Scott Ingram, assistant professor of criminal justice. He is passionate about everything he teaches, and his classes were valuable to my future in law. His professionalism in the classroom was admirable, but he was always available to connect with students whether it was during office hours, chatting after class or just answering emails in a timely manner. I hope to be as successful as him in the future.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Winning the Hearing Officer of the Year award at the end of my senior year made me feel recognized and realize that I made an impact in the school community. I felt like my hard work in extracurriculars paid off.”

How has HPU’s inspiring environment contributed to your success? “HPU faculty constantly work to build connections and push students to work toward their goals and out of their comfort zones. Seeing other students be successful pushes others to do great things as well.”

What are the life skills HPU helped you develop that prepared you for long-term success? “I learned studying skills, time management, involvement, public speaking, resume building and so much more.”

What are the values and virtues HPU’s campus helped you develop that you’ll take with you after graduation? “HPU’s campus provides a sense of community and promotes building relationships with other students and professors. You never know who will help you toward your dream career or inspire you to try something new.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Get involved as soon as possible to start building your resume, and don’t be afraid to pursue your dreams — even as a freshman. You can never get too far ahead. Also, make connections with your professors and enjoy your four years. It goes by so fast!”

Share your news with us for a chance to be featured!