Class of 2022 Outcomes: Sarah Kunkle Advises for Bank of America

Jul 28th, 2022

Headshot-3-e1659011616617.jpeg
Sarah Kunkle
Newark, Delaware
Finance
Bank of America

HPU graduates are leading prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary graduate from the Class of 2022:

Name: Sarah Kunkle

Hometown: Newark, Delaware

Major: Finance with a minor in sales

Post-graduation plans: Kunkle joins Bank of America in Charlotte, North Carolina, as part of their Advisor Development Rotational Program. In her role in the multi-stage training program, she will learn to deliver personalized advice to clients through the full spectrum of borrowing, investing and planning capabilities at each stage of their financial journey.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU helped me gain self-confidence, which improved my interview skills. During my career search, I was easily able to talk to recruiters about my skills and what I could bring to their companies. Career advisors in the Office of Career and Professional Development also helped make sure my resume was ready for my job search.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Professor Thomas James was my most impactful mentor at HPU. He truly took the time to get to know his students and was extremely helpful in giving me advice for internship and full-time job searches.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was walking across the stage at graduation. It was at this moment that I realized how grateful I was for my memories of the past four years and the people I met.”

What are the life skills HPU helped you develop that prepared you for long-term success? “At HPU, I gained leadership skills and self-confidence through my on-campus jobs, internships and leadership positions throughout various organizations that will help me in my career.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Get involved and try as many things as you can. Take advantage of internship opportunities — they helped me figure out which career paths I liked and disliked.”

Share your news with us for a chance to be featured!