Class of 2022 Outcomes: Tatiana Goldberg Joins Design Firm

Jul 26th, 2022

HPU graduates are leading prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary graduate from the Class of 2022:

Name: Tatiana Goldberg

Hometown: Fort Myers, Florida

Major: Interior design with a minor in marketing

Post-graduation plans: Goldberg joins Michelle Miller Design as a high-end residential interior design assistant to the St. Petersburg, Florida company’s lead designer. In her role, she selects paint, tile, flooring, furniture, lighting and other materials for clients’ homes. She also makes client presentations, takes field measurements and adds floor plans and elevations into AutoCAD.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University and its proximity to the High Point Furniture Market were beneficial in preparing me for a career in interior design. My major courses specifically helped by teaching me proper time management.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Brandon Jones, instructor of home furnishings and interior design was my most impactful mentor at HPU. He was an amazing professor who always had an answer and gave great advice.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment was talking to Mr. Jones and hearing him say, ‘The A students end up working for the B students.’ I’ve always wanted to my own company and am more business-driven than software-driven.”

How has HPU’s inspiring environment contributed to your success? “Surrounding myself with the motivated and successful people on HPU’s campus motivated me to be successful.”

What are the life skills HPU helped you develop that prepared you for long-term success? “Time management was the primary life skill HPU helped me develop that has prepared me for long-term success.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Take advantage of the resources at HPU, and don’t be scared to try something different or go against your typical status quo. Don’t solely rely on HPU to get you a job or internship. You have to want it and work for it too.”

Share your news with us for a chance to be featured!