Class of 2022 Outcomes: Alana Sullivan Connects Sports Fans

Aug 07th, 2022

IMG_5285-2-scaled-e1658171587402.jpg
Alana Sullivan
Quincy, Massachusetts
Sport Management
Learfield - Wolfpack Sports Properties

HPU graduates are leading prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary graduate from the Class of 2022:

Name: Alana Sullivan

Hometown: Quincy, Massachusetts

Major: Sport management with minors in sales and event management

Post-graduation plans: Sullivan joins Learfield – Wolfpack Sports Properties at North Carolina State University as a coordinator for Partnership Services. In her role, she fulfills contracts for football, baseball, men’s and women’s basketball, and Olympics sports teams. Her office helps clients create digital and social campaigns, signage at venues, such as PNC Arena and Carter-Finley Stadium, organize onsite activations for fans and more. She ensures the fanbase of more than  500,000 fans remains aware of sponsors from their touch points in print, digital, social, radio and the venue.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU prepared me for my future career by instilling professionalism in students from day one. Whether it be in the Office of Career and Professional Development or a class, I was taught the importance of networking, internships, interview skills and more. This guidance is at the core of HPU’s education and pushed me to achieve my goals.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “At HPU, I was lucky to have faculty and staff that invested time and energy into me and my future. My most impactful mentor at HPU was Dr. Jenny Lukow. Before I was even a student on campus, Dr. Lukow was in my corner. She was my biggest cheerleader, my academic advisor, the club advisor for Sport Management Association while I was president, one of my favorite professors, a podcast co-host and the list goes on. HPU’s Sport Management Program was my second home, because of  Dr. Lukow.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was not necessarily a moment but many days with one person. In my freshman year, Cynt Marshall, the CEO of the Dallas Mavericks joined HPU as Sports Executive in Residence. From the time I met her as a freshman, Cynt became my mentor, role model and inspiration. My favorite time of year on campus was when she came to visit. In my senior year, I went on an Externship Experience with the Mavs, in Dallas, Texas. That was by far the best part of my college experience because of the knowledge, insights and connections I made!”

How has HPU’s inspiring environment contributed to your success? “The inspiring environment at HPU is created by faculty and staff. Their encouragement and constant support pushed me to go after internships and apply to my job at Learfield. They motivated me when I wasn’t sure of myself.”

What are the life skills HPU helped you develop that prepared you for long-term success? “During my time at HPU, I served as a Peer Career Advisor in the Office of Career and Professional Development. I learned how to write an intriguing cover letter and developed my interview skills. In my final interview for my position, I was taken to lunch and felt extremely prepared after attending interview seminars in 1924 PRIME. Even though it was not a ‘fine-dining’ location, when we went to lunch I reflected on the table skills, communication skills and proper etiquette.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Put yourself out there! Make sure you are always connecting with alumni that work in your field, people on LinkedIn and especially the people that you are working with in internships. If you don’t know how to do this yet, use HPU’s resources to understand the process and connect with alums!”

Share your news with us for a chance to be featured!