Class of 2022 Outcomes: Colin O’Brien Pursues Law

Aug 17th, 2022

IMG_6963-scaled-e1660739694921.jpg
Colin K. O'Brien
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Business Administration

HPU graduates are leading prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary graduate from the Class of 2022:

Name: Colin O’Brien

Hometown: Chelmsford, Massachusetts

Major: Business administration

Post-graduation plans: O’Brien will be attending the University of New Hampshire Franklin Pierce School of Law to pursue a law degree.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU gave me opportunities to better myself not only as a student but as a person. I learned so many valuable skills that I will use for the rest of my life. During my application process, I had to sell myself to the schools I was applying to. I wanted to make them feel like they would be missing out on a great opportunity if they didn’t accept me in their program.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor was Lillian Watson, assistant professor of business communications and business law director. She was a great mentor with a background as a lawyer and taught me the skills I needed to be a successful lawyer.

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Joining Phi Alpha Delta, the pre-law fraternity on campus, taught me what it means to be a lawyer and also helped me through the application process.”

How has HPU’s inspiring environment contributed to your success? “HPU puts you in an environment that is comforting but also competitive. Having these great inspirations throughout the campus help with your schoolwork. There are also a lot of talented individuals that HPU brings in from all around the world that push you to better yourself in the classroom.”

What are the values and virtues HPU’s campus helped you develop that you’ll take with you after graduation? “I was taught you should never take anything for granted. I also learned the value of openness. I didn’t know anyone when I arrived at HPU, and I met my lifelong friends.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Be open to meeting as many people as you can. You don’t have to be friends with everyone, but everyone has their own stories. Don’t be afraid to get out of your comfort zone.”

Share your news with us for a chance to be featured!