Class of 2022 Outcomes: Erin Huebner Follows Her Passion

Aug 23rd, 2022

hpu-e1660317791853.jpg
Erin Huebner
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Strategic Communication
Phi Gamma Delta Fraternity International

HPU graduates are leading prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary graduate from the Class of 2022:

Name: Erin Huebner

Hometown: Lansdale, Pennsylvania

Major: Strategic communication with a minor in French

Post-graduation plans: Huebner joined Phi Gamma Delta Fraternity International headquarters in Lexington, Kentucky, as a communication coordinator. In this role, she manages the fraternity headquarters’ social media accounts and educates individual chapters to improve their chapter accounts.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU provided me with amazing mentors, like Erica Burroughs, senior director of Family Engagement and Annual Giving, Robin Lindner, adjunct instructor of communication, and Dr. Virginia McDermott, dean and professor of strategic communication, who taught me to never give up on myself. They inspired me to follow my passion for Fraternity and Sorority Life and crisis communication.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Robin Lindner was my most impactful mentor. She taught me to be self-confident and open to criticism. She could not have been more helpful throughout my job search.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “As chapter president of Alpha Gamma Delta, I had the opportunity to meet with the director of Fraternity and Sorority Life who gave me a piece of impactful advice. The advice was that you will always have to deal with difficult people and situations, but if you learn to deal with them effectively, you will be a more successful coworker and leader.”

How has HPU’s inspiring environment contributed to your success? “Being far away from home in college can be a big adjustment. HPU’s campus was easy to call my home away from home. It made me realize that I never need to limit myself to one place. It’s easy to call a place home when you find a place that brings you so much joy.”

What are the life skills HPU helped you develop that prepared you for long-term success? “HPU helped me develop time management skills. With my involvement on campus and my heavy class load, I learned to effectively manage my time to be successful at everything I needed to accomplish.”

What are the values and virtues HPU’s campus helped you develop that you’ll take with you after graduation? “The idea of life skills was the most important virtue I learned at HPU. Anyone can learn technical skills but not necessarily be the best fit for a position. Most organizations evaluate resumes and work examples, but they also ensure that an employee fits their office dynamic. Knowing how to work with others or speak in front of an audience can better show employers you will not only be good at your tasks but improve the office as a whole.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Make sure you do something that will bring you joy. Be willing to take risks, like moving to a new place alone. Make the job and your happiness a priority. You’ll spend most of your time at that job.”

Share your news with us for a chance to be featured!