Class of 2022 Outcomes: Miranda DellaVecchio Is an Extraordinary Educator

Aug 01st, 2022

57B6B9E5-36E3-4E03-BE5D-24E1A91D5BE9-e1658174436628.jpeg
Miranda DellaVecchio
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
Special Education
Guilford County Schools

HPU graduates are leading prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary graduate from the Class of 2022:

Name: Miranda DellaVecchio

Hometown: Rehoboth Beach, Delaware

Major: Special education with a minor in Spanish

Post-graduation plans: DellaVecchio joins Guilford County Schools as an exceptional children resource teacher at Johnson Street Global Studies, a kindergarten through eighth-grade extended year magnet school in High Point, North Carolina. In her role, she works with elementary and middle school students to provide services and specially designed instruction implemented by a student’s Individual Education Plan.

How HPU helped you get there: “The Stout School of Education does an excellent job preparing future teachers with both instructional strategies and educational policy while placing each of us in a real-world student teaching location. I completed my student teaching at Johnson Street and impressed the principal so much that I was offered my job!”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Dr. Heidi Summey, assistant professor of educator preparation, was my most impactful mentor at HPU. Through each trial and tribulation, she was there to talk with me and guide me toward the right path. She is so generous and knowledgeable in her field. I am thankful to know and love her.”

What are the life skills HPU helped you develop that prepared you for long-term success? “HPU helped me develop self-awareness, which I apply in my job as an educator daily. By practicing empathy and generosity, I can provide each child with what they need in a manner designed for them.”

Share your news with us for a chance to be featured!