Internship Profile: Allison Berg Assists Interior Design Clients

Aug 18th, 2022

Read More Internship Profiles

Name: Allison Berg

Hometown: Gainesville, Virginia

Major: Interior design with a minor in French

Internship: Berg joins OTJ Architects in Washington, D.C., as an interior design intern. She meets with clients to assess their needs and preferences and attends site visits and surveys to examine and obtain information essential to the project. In her role, she also prepares presentations, renderings, construction documents and finish boards. In addition, Berg utilizes design software to create the necessary materials to collaborate with the studio and clients.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU provided me with the resources to reach my goals. The Office of Career and Professional Development helped me fine-tune my resume and cover letter and develop my LinkedIn profile. I was also able to have my LinkedIn picture taken at HPU which greatly improved my professional presence. My professors at HPU also provided me with knowledge and expertise that helped me find an internship.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Gary Inman, HPU’s Interior Designer in Residence, provided me with an abundance of knowledge that has been extremely beneficial to my future career. He has so much experience in my desired career field, and I learn something new in every class of his.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “My internship has been amazing. I worked for OTJ as an intern when I was in high school, too. As I start my senior year of college, I have so much more knowledge about the architecture and design industry but still have so much to learn. The experience that I gain here will be so beneficial to my future career. I am applying all the knowledge I have learned in my classes at HPU to real-life experiences.”

Share your news with us for a chance to be featured!