Internship Profile: Julianna Raymond Manages Events

Aug 22nd, 2022

Read More Internship Profiles

Name: Julianna Raymond

Hometown: Schwenksville, Pennsylvania

Major: Event management with a minor in social media marketing

Internship: Raymond joined Robert Event Group in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, as a summer events intern. In her role, she learned what goes into the planning of small and large-scale events including the 16-day Welcome America Festival.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University provided me the confidence to take risks in order to grow. Since I’ve been at school, I have gotten involved in multiple organizations that have helped me gain more experience and prepare me for my future career. The Office of Career and Professional Development has helped me build my resume and reviewed my cover letters.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “The mentor who has impacted me the most is Dr. Brianna Clark,  assistant professor of event management. Not only has she been an amazing professor, but she has also been supportive throughout my time at HPU. She helped me decide on my minor while also guiding me toward a passion for social media and event management. My most impactful moment at HPU was when I put on my first event my freshman year. I love that during my first semester of school I was already able to get involved.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “My internship was an amazing experience that gave me a taste of my future career. The real-world experience is honestly the best way to learn the event industry and I couldn’t have asked for a better experience.”

Share your news with us for a chance to be featured!