Class of 2022 Outcomes: Alaina Hays Manages Events in the Nation’s Capital

Sep 01st, 2022

HPU Alaina Hays
Alaina Hays
Frederick, Maryland
Event Management
Philanthropy Roundtable

HPU graduates are leading prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary graduate from the Class of 2022:

Name: Alaina Hays

Hometown: Frederick, Maryland

Major: Event management

Post-graduation plans: Hays is working in Washington, D.C., as an events assistant at Philanthropy Roundtable.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU and the event management faculty prepared me for my career by ensuring I had hands-on experience with all aspects of events. In my classes I practiced navigating event contracts, managing multiple projects at once and understanding floor plans. This experience at HPU made it easy to transfer the same skills into my job. I utilized the Office of Career and Professional Development to build my resume and master the key factors when applying for jobs.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor was Dr. Brianna Clark, assistant professor of event management. I could always count on her to give me honest, yet helpful feedback on all assignments and questions. She is a strong and courageous teacher who only wants the best for all her students. I have so much respect for her.”

How has HPU’s inspiring environment contributed to your success? “When you live in an environment such as HPU, it inspires and motivates you to want to keep living in that type of environment. The high standards that HPU encompasses are what I continue to seek following my time at HPU.”

What are the life skills HPU helped you develop that prepared you for long-term success? “HPU helped me to develop excellent verbal communication and presentation skills that have helped me excel in my job responsibilities. Additionally, all the complimentary dinners at 1924 PRIME, one of HPU’s fine dining learning labs on campus, helped me apply proper etiquette when dining with clients and donors.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Chase after any and every experience that will help you learn more about whatever it is you love to do and can make a career out of. Then while you’re in those experiences, network with as many people as possible.”