Class of 2022 Outcomes: Natalie Geriot Studies Entertainment Industry Management

Sep 13th, 2022

IMG_3416-scaled.jpg
Natalie Geriot
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Media Production and Entrepreneurship; Graphic Design

HPU graduates are leading prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary graduate from the Class of 2022:

Name: Natalie Geriot

Hometown: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Major: Media production and entrepreneurship; and graphic design

Post-graduation plans: Geriot is attending the Heinz College of Information Systems and Public Policy at Carnegie Mellon University to pursue a Master of Entertainment Industry Management. She will spend a year each in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Los Angeles, California, for the master’s program.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University prepared me to achieve my goals both inside and outside of the classroom. Two internships in my undergraduate career helped me gain professional experience in my desired field. HPU’s environment challenged me intellectually and built self-confidence in knowing I’m fully prepared for my next steps.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU was Dylan Denning, former chief concierge and new senior director for student experience. Campus Concierge was my first ‘real’ job, and Dylan taught me what it was to work on a dedicated team and to have a strong work ethic. I watched Dylan move mountains while being in charge of Concierge, and I am so grateful to have had her as a mentor.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was when the video production club, HPU Vision, produced our own version of NBC’s ‘The Voice,’ both in 2021 and 2022. This was a big feat for the club and required an extreme amount of planning. I was the producer of this broadcast, which reached more than 6,000 viewers. Being president of the School of Art and Design‘s Graphic Design Club for two years developed my leadership skills. I was able to bring a few famous designers to campus to speak to students, and this was a huge accomplishment for me.”

How has HPU’s inspiring environment contributed to your success? “HPU’s rigorous curriculum instilled self-confidence to succeed in my interview for grad school. My experiences both inside and outside of the classroom had prepared me to become one of 26 students chosen (from a pool of around 2,000 applicants). This wouldn’t have been possible without gaining media production experience from my classes and extracurriculars within the Nido R. Qubein School of Communication.”

What are the life skills HPU helped you develop that prepared you for long-term success? “Both the program curriculum for my major and extracurricular activities allowed me to grow as a leader and student while also perfecting technical skills needed for my desired field. Being able to participate in HPU’s amazing study abroad program also allowed me to become more independent.”

What are the values and virtues HPU’s campus helped you develop that you’ll take with you after graduation? “My classes on HPU’s campus taught me to cherish my amazing classroom experiences and time with professors. All of my professors during my years at High Point University were extremely encouraging and willing to help wherever needed, which wouldn’t have been the same if I had gone to a larger school. I developed an extreme appreciation for my education and a drive to succeed.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Always do what scares you. Apply for the internship or job that you don’t think you’ll be able to get. Join a club or Greek organization, run for an executive council position and put yourself out there. You’ll never accomplish anything if you don’t take risks. Even if you fail, try again!”

Share your news with us for a chance to be featured!