Internship Profile: Brian Margolis Manages HPU Sports Team

Oct 10th, 2022

Read More Internship Profiles

Name: Brian Margolis

Hometown: Greenwich, Connecticut

Major: Sport management with a minor in hospitality

Internship: Margolis joins High Point University as a manager of the women’s basketball team. He will manage game day operations and take care of players’ needs on a daily basis.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU is the perfect environment for this opportunity, which I do not think any other school would have provided. I worked with the team as a practice player last year and worked my way up into a manager position. I have attended many Office of Career and Professional Development events that were helpful in developing my professional skills. Those events taught me how to interact with a boss, ask the right questions and build my resume.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Learning Excellence Specialist Lance Dunlap always has my best interest in mind and keeps me in check both academically and professionally. He is also just the nicest guy on the planet!”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “Connecting with players and coaches has prepared me to develop my relationships in my professional life. Spending last season with the basketball team has had a huge impact on my life. It got me connected to all aspects of athletics here at HPU and has helped me connect with players and coaches from both basketball teams.”

Share your news with us for a chance to be featured!