Class of 2022 Outcomes: Olivia Lender Finds a Future at Fidelity

Dec 01st, 2022

Olivia Lender
Olivia Lender
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Human Relations and Psychology
Fidelity Investments

HPU graduates are leading prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary graduate from the Class of 2022:

Name: Olivia Lender

Hometown: Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Major: Human relations and psychology

Post-graduation plans: Lender will join Fidelity Investments in Durham, North Carolina, as an associate in the Emerging Leader Program starting in July 2023 after graduating. The 18-month rotational program will allow her to explore different career paths and fast-track her job experience.

How HPU helped you get there: An HPU faculty member connected me with an upperclassman my sophomore year who ended up mentoring me and helping prepare me for the Emerging Leader Program at Fidelity. Coming in undeclared my freshman year, I used the career advisors and my Success Coach in the Office of Career and Professional Development  to determine my major. Brandon Floyd, assistant director of career and professional development, conducted a mock interview with me that made an impact on me, and he helped me throughout the application process for my position at Fidelity. Brandon helped prepare me for all the interviews and calmed me down. I would have never survived the interviews without him.

Most impactful mentor at HPU: Dr. Deborah Danzis, associate professor of psychology, was my most impactful mentor at HPU. She helped me with the step-by-step process of researching and monitoring my internship process. She has always been there for me. Another mentor is Jeri Rowe, senior writer in the Office of Communications. He taught me how to write for a magazine during my first campus job as an Interfaith Partner. He also helped me develop skills I never knew I had and always supported me.

Most impactful moment at HPU: My most impactful moment at HPU was when I gave Brandon Floyd my offer letter from Fidelity Investments. Nothing is better than giving someone evidence that their job pays off. We took a picture in front of the 98% graphic that represents the percentage of HPU students who are employed or in graduate school within 180 days of graduation because I am officially part of the 98%.

What are the values and virtues HPU’s campus helped you develop that you’ll take with you after graduation? Networking and not being afraid to ask for help. If you don’t ask for help, you won’t get help. HPU’s career focus helped me land my internship with Bimbo Bakeries USA. This helped me gain resume experience and learn how to handle various situations in a work environment.

Advice for underclassmen: Find an alumni or peer mentor, a few a years older than you. They can help you out since they just went through the job process and understand what it is like to come out of college.