High Point University Libraries maintains reserve collections and electronic access to class-related materials to support the university’s academic programs. Books and other materials are placed in reserve collections and circulate for shortened loan periods. Articles and other documents are scanned and made available electronically as Adobe PDFs.
Find items on Reserve:
Place items on Reserve:
• Reserves are housed behind the Circulation Desk, unless they are Open Reserves (housed near the circulation desk). A High Point University Passport card is required to check out all Reserves.
• Loan periods for reserves are: Closed (4-hour, in-house use only), Open, 1-, 3-, and 7-day.
• Only two reserve items can be checked out at one time.
• To locate reserve items, staff will need the following information: Professor’s name, class number, book title.
• Electronic reserves can be accessed on the Course Reserves page.
• Media Reserves (DVDs & CDs) are handled by the Media department; after they are processed, they are housed behind the Circulation Desk. Media Reserve Request Form
Faculty may place the following materials on Reserve: Library books; personal books, tests, study guides, etc.; textbooks; copies of articles; copies of portions of a book; student-authored papers.
The following materials cannot be placed on Reserve: Materials from other libraries (i.e. Interlibrary Loan); Professor-created anthologies. For more information, see our complete Library Reserves Policy.
• For Smith Library Reserves, fill out the Reserve Request Form.
• Please allow two days (excluding weekends) for items to be placed on reserve.
Return of Personal Reserve Materials
• Personal materials may be picked up by professors at any time during the semester.
• All personal items will be removed at the end of each semester and mailed back to the professor unless otherwise requested.
• Personal book copies may remain on reserve more than one semester at professor’s request. Any photocopies must have copyright permission for consecutive semesters.
Please contact La-Nita Williams at (336) 841-9102 or email with questions concerning reserves.