Undergraduate Research and Creative Works

Register URCW Activity

Register your research or creative work with us!

One goal of the Office of Undergraduate Research and Creative Works is to track all the independent scholarly and creative works HPU undergraduates engage in. For an accurate record we need your help by completing a very brief survey at the bottom of this page.

When we talk about undergraduate research, scholarship, and creative works, there are generally three forms:

  • Students collaborating or assisting with faculty members’ scholarship
  • Students pursuing their own, independent projects, mentored by a faculty member
  • Students conducting research or inquiry based scholarship or creative activity in the curriculum that is developed into a presentation or exhibit for a broader audience

To know what you are working on we would like you to “register” your activity with us using the URCW Registry Survey below.

If you are working on a project with a faculty mentor (more experienced guide or teacher) whether you are helping with a professor’s work or being helped by a professor with your work, when asked on the second page of the URCW Registry Survey “what you would like to do“, click on “Register a Mentored Project“.  Later if that work leads to a presentation you would start the same form but when asked what you would like to do, click on “Register a Presentation“. If you will be participating in a performance or competition, when asked what you would like to do click on “Register a Competition/Publication“. Finally, if you work leads to a publication, please once again call up this form and on page 2 when asked “what you like to do”, click on “Register a Publication“. Each of these will take you only a minute or two to complete. If you have never registered a project but are now registering some type of presentation venue than you should register the project as well.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact URCW director, Dr. Joanne Altman at

URCW Registry Survey


Contact Us

Dr. Joanne Altman, Director of Undergraduate Research and Creative Works

Phone: 336-841-9613

URCW in the News

HPU Students Present Innovative Research Virtually at Eighth Annual Symposium
read more
Early Risers
read more
View All

Athletic Training & ACL Injuries

Andrea Baellow, an athletic training major, shares her experiences performing undergraduate research on the relation of the hip to ACL injuries and their prevalence in younger females. Her experiential education at High Point University was supported by the state of the art Human Biomechanics & Physiology Lab, where she could apply what she has learned with hands-on experience.