Class of 2016 Outcomes: Madison Sneed Works for ADP

With Commencement just around the corner, High Point University seniors are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2016:

Name: Madison Sneed

Hometown: Lexington, Kentucky

Major: Sneed will graduate with a B.S.B.A. in Business Administration, with a minor in Marketing, on May 7.

Post-graduation plans: Sneed accepted a position in Small Business Sales at at ADP in Tampa, Florida. In her position, Sneed will identify and cultivate new prospects in selected geographical locations. She will also cross-sell to existing clients and close sales by connecting customers’ business needs with ADP products and services.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has provided me with the confidence and skills to prepare me for a job upon graduation. HPU also helped me find my internship at Liberty Mutual Insurance, in which I learned a great deal and was also chosen to compete in a sales competition among 34 at the company headquarters in Boston. I furthered my experience my senior year in Larry Quinn’s Sales in Dynamic Environments class, which consisted of many role plays and sales training.

I first had an appointment with the Career & Professional Development center my junior year to understand where to begin searching for an internship opportunity and to update my resume. I used PantherLink to find my internship at Liberty Mutual Insurance as a Sales Intern over the summer. My senior year, I used Career & Professional Development first semester to understand what I should be doing at the current point to have a job upon graduation. Second semester I was able to attend a speaker on LinkedIn put on by the Career & Professional Development center which was very insightful. In the spring I attended the career fair and also career fair for sales students, which was where I was given the opportunity to connect with ADP.

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Larry Quinn’s class sparked my interest in sales and provided me the opportunity to get in contact with ADP at the sales career fair. I was also able to talk to Professor Quinn about different offers I had received in order to decide which company would be a better fit for me and my future.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Creating my ‘two-minute drill’ in Professor Quinn’s class would be my most impactful moment at HPU. The two-minute drill allowed me to connect my strengths with proven examples in my experience as to how it will help me in a new career. We were given the opportunity to pitch our two-minute drills to President Qubien’s board of executives and receive feedback. This helped me get comfortable talking about my professional strengths and why I will stand out as unique to potential employers.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Get involved! My senior year I started to get involved and join more organizations to grow my resume. I wish I had started earlier. Joining more organizations and having the opportunity to serve on the Executive Council in American Marketing Association (AMA) as the VP of Membership and VP of Finance at HPU helped me develop leadership skills and working with teams.