Internship Profile: Morgan Sokolic Uses Her Major at Make a Wish Foundation

Name: Morgan Sokolic

Hometown: Syracuse, New York

Major: Nonprofit leadership and management with a minor in education

Internship: Sokolic is interning at the Make A Wish Foundation in Central New York as the wish-granting intern. She is helping grant wishes and bring smiles to individuals ages 2-18 in the Central New York region.

How HPU helped you get there: “I loved the mock interviews I did with some professors in my major. That opportunity from HPU really helped me prepare myself for what I went through applying for internships. Having the Office of Career and Professional Development, where a professional looked over my resume and answered almost all of my questions about going into an internship, was helpful.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Julie Hill was awesome. I have had her for three classes so far at HPU and they have been nothing short of impactful when it comes to setting me up for success. She was always positive and reassuring that I would find and secure an internship I enjoyed. She is available to talk about anything, which helped build a bond and level of trust beyond the role of a professor. She has been extremely helpful with almost everything I’ve done in my short time at HPU.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “I want to work with kids and families impacted by cancer because it is something near and dear to my heart. Having a prior internship at Hospice and how being at Make A Wish has really helped me step into the world I want to be in when it comes time to begin my career.”