Class of 2019 Profiles: Carter Lohman Consults with Customers for Coverall

Carter Lohman

With another successful commencement behind us, High Point University seniors have kicked-off prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2019: 

Name: Carter Lohman 

Hometown: Louisville, Kentucky

Major: Exercise science with a minor in psychology

Post-graduation plans: Lohman joins Coverall Commercial Cleaning Services as a marketing consultant where he is responsible for customer interaction and scheduling.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has amazing resources that every student should take advantage of. The club sports teams, service opportunities and friends I made have given me memories to last a lifetime and reinforced the values I practice daily. The Office of Career and Professional Development helped me develop a strong resume and cover letter. They were very helpful, and the hiring manager for my position even complimented the formatting they helped me create. HPU’s 97 percent post-grad placement rate is no joke. I noticed a lot of students had jobs lined up very quickly not just any jobs, but ones that are instrumental in making career moves.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My academic advisor, Dr. Kimberly Reich, was a great mentor to me. She helped me become more active in job searches, was a sounding board for any of my concerns and offered great advice when I needed it.”

Most impactful moment at HPU:  “Walking across the stage at commencement was my most impactful moment. All my hard work was validated, and I couldn’t be happier to have graduated from such a wonderful university.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Know your strengths and weaknesses. Take the first two years of your college career to really ensure you know what you want to do in life.”