Freshman Profile: Matt Peters Embodies Leadership

HPU’s newest cohort of students represents a wide variety of academic achievement, service, backgrounds, cultures and geographic locations. Matt Peters, one member of the Class of 2023, brings with him accolades stretching across many different disciplines. Below, discover how he plans to make the most out of his time at HPU: 

Name: Matt Peters

Hometown: Westminster, Colorado

High school attended: Broomfield High School in Broomfield, Colorado

Accomplishments: During his high school career Peters was president of choirs, was the state championship golf team captain, the head lighting designer for the theatre department, and a finalist in the international thespian festival individual event for musical theatre. 

Major: Biology with minor in musical theatre

Why you chose HPU: “I chose HPU because of the tangible atmosphere. You feel it the first time you step foot on campus. It is not just a university, it is a home. Ever since I visited the campus on a tour in 2018, I knew that this would be my home. I felt like HPU would be the perfect place for me to study, but also build a social life.”

What you’re looking forward to at HPU: “I am looking forward to the extraordinary education I will receive, not only in biology, but also in the life skills I need to be successful after graduation. The faculty and staff are amazing, and that goes without even mentioning the fact that Dr. Qubein takes time to teach students himself in the President’s Seminar on Life Skills. He is a role model, and I cannot wait to learn from him, my professors and my peers this fall!”