Class of 2021 Outcomes: Jordan Bramhall Takes on Towson

Jun 29th, 2021

IMG 6712

With another Commencement behind us, High Point University graduates will be commencing prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2021:

Name: Jordan Bramhall

Hometown: Middletown, Maryland

Major: Psychology, Sociology and Anthropology

Post-graduation plans: Bramhall will be attending Towson University to pursue a Masters in Clinical Psychology.

How HPU helped you get there: “I could not have secured admission to my top Masters program choice without the guidance and support I was provided at HPU! HPU has provided me with opportunities that I would have never had access to had I chosen a different university. I am going into graduate school having already presented my own research and had the research manuscript published in a journal – which was something every graduate school faculty member I interviewed with was highly impressed by.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU was most definitely Dr. Lipowski. I first met Dr. Lipowski in one of my very first classes in the Honors program during my freshman year. In this class, Dr. Lipowski helped us to conduct our own correlational research study, analyze the results, and write an APA research paper. These are skills that most psychology students don’t get to put into practice until their junior or senior year, but it’s a skill set I worked on throughout my entire time at HPU. Since this Honors class, Dr. Lipowski has continued to play an integral role in helping me feel prepared for graduate school. From sparking my interest in developmental psychology to advising my Honors Capstone project, I would not be the budding clinical psychologist that I am today without her!”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was actually a series of small moments that led to a huge impact on my life. Serving as a Resident Assistant in Wanek/University Center 2 was one of the most rewarding opportunities I was given at HPU. Having this job solidified that I want my career to be centered around helping others succeed. It was a privilege to help first year students become acclimated to campus life and to watch them grow throughout the year. The job truly strengthened my leadership, teamwork, and empathetic listening skills – which are essential skills for a clinical psychologist.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Take advantage of every opportunity! HPU provides you with so many, but it’s your job to actively seek them out.”