Class of 2021 Outcomes: Madison Ryan Coordinates Guest Relations

Jun 30th, 2021

Madison Ryan
Madison Ryan
Aurora, North Carolina
Event Management
Internship / Job
Guest Relations Coordinator
Mercedes-Benz Stadium

With another Commencement behind us, High Point University graduates will be commencing prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2021:

Name: Madison Ryan

Hometown: Aurora, North Carolina

Major: Event management with a minor in marketing

Post-graduation plans: Ryan will be working as the guest relations coordinator for the suites at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia. She will be working closely with suite-holders and designated contacts to build relationships and to secure all aspects of event day hospitality. She will also work at the stadium for all types of events which include Atlanta Falcons games, Atlanta United soccer matches, college games, concerts and any other special events that the stadium hosts.

How HPU helped you get there: “Prior to HPU I knew about life skills, but never really thought about life skills in a business setting and how useful they can be. HPU really helped me figure out what my skills were and the how to really hone in on specific ones. All of my professors really pushed me to be my best self and taught me not to cut any corners with any tasks. HPU as a whole really taught me how important life skills are in every aspect of life whether it be taking Dr. Qubein advice in his freshman seminar is to take three days before purchasing an item and if I still want it after that time, I can purchase it. Not only has that saved me some money, but I have also utilized that lesson in many different aspects of life. A few times career advisors from the Office of Career and Professional Development came to a few of my classes and spoke on resumes or job interviews, or event helping us figure out what we wanted to do with our major. This really allowed me to figure out what I wanted to do once I graduated.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU would have to be Dr. Brianna Clark. Without Dr. Clark or “Clark” I would not be where I am today. The amount of support I received from Dr. Clark was amazing. She always asked how my job search process was going since the time it began, to the time that I accepted a position. I am so incredibly thankful for her and her guidance.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “As an event management major in the Introduction to Event Management course we are able to have a new speaker every chance possible. After hearing all of these speakers and how much they loved their jobs, I knew that I wanted to pursue an event management major. I am so thankful HPU gives us these opportunities to find something we love.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Make connections! When you are on a tour and they show you the plane in Cottrell and they say “you never know who you are talking to,” take that advice. No matter where you are whether you are in a coffee shop, speaking to an alum from your sorority, or sitting on a beach somewhere talk to people and make those connections. Making new connections will help you in the long run when applying for internships and jobs.”