Class of 2021 Outcomes: Ellie Silverstein Joins the Washington Nationals

Jul 25th, 2021

Ellie2

With another Commencement behind us, High Point University graduates will be commencing prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2021:

Name: Ellie Silverstein

Hometown: Clarksville, Tennessee

Major: Business administration with a minor in sales

Post-graduation plans: Silverstein joins the Washington Nationals as an inside sales representative. She will be providing fans with the best game experience by selling tickets and giving fans tours of Nats Park.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU helped me get to where I am by providing me with the life skills necessary to be a confident and professional person in the corporate world. Specifically, my decision to join the Professional Business Fraternity, Alpha Kappa Psi, gave me the support system and the tools to be prepared in any interview or professional setting.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU is without a doubt, Professor Larry Quinn. Professor Quinn was my advisor for my junior and senior years. His supportive attitude and lessons helped me realize my potential and shoot for the stars. Without Professor Quinn’s guidance, I would not be where I am today, employed with my dream job.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Joining Alpha Kappa Psi. Being surrounded by a group of like-minded individuals and gaining a family of so many people is the best thing I did with my college career. Besides the obvious professional help you are given as a brother, the amount of support is unmatched. Without AKPsi I would have never had the courage to apply for a job in the professional sports world.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Be bold. There is nothing you cannot accomplish or achieve. Be curious. Never be afraid to ask any question, it could get you somewhere you never expected. Be kind. Create strong relationships with your professors and peers. They will last far beyond the brick walls of HPU.”