Class of 2021 Outcomes: Seanna Naylon Navigates to Fiserv

Jul 19th, 2021

IMG 4598
Seanna Naylon
Weston, Florida
Business Administration
Internship / Job
Program Analyst
Fiserv

With another Commencement behind us, High Point University graduates will be commencing prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2021:

Name: Seanna Naylon

Hometown: Weston, Florida

Major: Business administration with a minor in sales

Post-graduation plans: Naylon joins Fiserv as a program analyst where she supports the Vendor Management Client Care Organization team. She will primarily work with Latin American vendors such as Data Vimenca, Sitel and Sutherland and do a wide variety of data analysis and programming for the various call centers overseas. Naylon will be traveling to Latin America and the Philippines to conduct audits for the various vendors.

How HPU helped you get there: “By founding the National Retail Federation Student Association at HPU, it gave me the confidence that I could be a leader. I was able to enhance my presentation skills by constantly giving presentations about the organization to various classes. It allowed me to connect with other like minded students who have a passion for retail. I would not have the confidence and leadership capabilities that I have today if it was not for founding the National Retail Federation Student Association. The Office of Career and Professional Development helped me utilize the Big Interview platform in order to prepare for virtual interviews. I was able to select a wide variety of questions and be able to record myself to see how I needed to improve upon my answer. This tool made me feel more comfortable about conducting myself in an online interview and I utilized it before every interview.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU would have to be Mark Michael. Professor Michael aided me in the development of National Retail Federation Student Association.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Founding the National Retail Federation Student Association was my most impactful moment. It allowed me to share my passion for retail with other students and provided them with new opportunities. The National Retail Federation offers various scholarships for students where students can win up to $25,000. Students were also granted access to industry leaders by attending the annual student conference. My first time attending the NYC conference, I was able to speak to Home Depot and Walmart executives. They provided me with the most insightful career advice. I never would have had that opportunity to speak to these industry leaders or place in the top 25 nationally for the Rising Star Scholarship without the NRF. No other club on campus offered these amazing career driven opportunities for students. I would help my club members with their resumes or even tutor them and it gave students a family on campus. The most impactful moment of founding the NRF was when one of my club members received an internship after attending the career fair in NYC. My entire goal in founding the organization was achieved by having at least one person actively pursue a career in retail. ”

Advice for underclassmen: “I would say to utilize every opportunity that HPU has to offer, from the career fair to the extensive alumni network. During your time at HPU, try to find new LinkedIn connections within your desired industry to maximize your network before entering the work force.”