Class of 2021 Outcomes: Anastasia Dwyer Decides on Underwriting

Sep 06th, 2021

779AA1EF DE6C 496E 8F88 C5BB458D122D

With another Commencement behind us, High Point University graduates will be commencing prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2021:

Name: Anastasia Dwyer

Hometown: Jamestown, Rhode Island

Major: Marketing with a minor in Spanish

Post-graduation plans: Dwyer joins Cincinnati Insurance Companies as an insurance underwriter in Ohio. She underwrites personal lines insurance with agencies across the United States and speaks with agents about potential and current clients.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU helped me with the interview process and gain the life skills to move to a new city and gain connections within the workplace. I used the Office of Career and Professional Development to conduct multiple mock interviews.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Randy Moser was an impactful mentor to me because he was very open-minded with my job search and in his sales classes he always taught me how to sell myself. He also taught me how to deliver my elevator pitch which helped me with conversation topics in my interviews.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Graduation was an impactful moment for me. Getting to see all my classmates one last time before heading to Ohio to begin my career was great.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Explore different careers, even if they don’t initially seem like your first  choice.”