Class of 2022 Outcomes: Tiffany Selberg Takes on Sales at TikTok

Apr 12th, 2022

IMG_1187.jpg
Tiffany Selberg  
Charlotte, North Carolina 
Marketing
TikTok

HPU graduates are leading prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2022:

Name: Tiffany Selberg

Hometown: Charlotte, North Carolina

Major: Marketing with a minor in social media marketing 

Post-graduation plans: Selberg will be joining the TikTok team in Austin, Texas, as a strategic sales coordinator. In this role, she will support innovative sales programs across a diverse set of customers, focusing on acquiring and activating new advertisers to TikTok.  She will also address advertiser needs, with the goal of helping to identify audiences and process opportunities to increase impact and drive return on investment for brands looking to add TikTok to their marketing mix.

How HPU helped you get there:HPU has provided me with incredible life and interpersonal skills that helped me set myself apart in the workplace and to recruiters. The programs and values modeled on campus and within student life inspired me to go after my dreams and made me believe that I can achieve anything I put my mind to. The curriculum and organizations I’ve been a part of have provided me with real-world experiences that I can talk about during interviews. The staff in the Office of Career and Professional Development provided me with great guidance during my internship search, as well as my job search. I’ve received advice on how to send meaningful messages to recruiters, how to respectfully decline a job offer, how to polish my resume and how to optimize job boards.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Professor Larry Quinn and the late Professor Randy Moser have been my biggest cheerleaders since I first met them, which was when I was still in high school. They provided me with applicable sales skills that put me ahead of my peers throughout my previous internship with AT&T in their B2B Sales Development Program. They have also been very reliable, and I knew I could count on them to lift me up and provide me with the advice and skills I needed to complete whatever task was at hand — academic, personal or professional.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment has been pledging Alpha Kappa Psi, the co-ed professional business fraternity, because of the skills and critical feedback I’ve gained from the brotherhood. These experiences have taken me out of my comfort zone, allowed me to see my areas of growth and build my professional skills. Not only that, but the friendships I’ve made have changed me for the better. As Dr. Qubein says, you’re a product of the people you surround yourself with, and I’m blessed to have such high-achieving friends in my life thanks to Alpha Kappa Psi.”

How has HPU’s inspiring environment contributed to your success? “The ambiance of the campus encouraged me to work harder and spend time outside my dorm room. When others around me achieve, it pushes me to achieve as well. When I see alumni or peers reach their goals, it inspires me to go after mine.”

What are the life skills HPU helped you develop that prepared you for long-term success? “Public speaking and interview skills have been the most beneficial. I’ve grown from being shy and timid, into a person who enjoys speaking in front of large groups. This is all thanks to my courses, as well as campus organizations such as the Professional Selling Club and Alpha Kappa Psi. The professional etiquette skills I’ve acquired from my courses and campus resources, such as sending a follow-up email thanking someone for their time and using the STAR method in interviews, has helped me stand out during the job search process.”

What are the values and virtues HPU’s campus helped you develop that you’ll take with you after graduation? “God, family and country, the inspiring environment and the caring people. Students, faculty and staff are like family. I know that after I graduate, I will gravitate towards constantly being in a setting that will inspire me the same way HPU’s campus does. I will also make sure I am surrounded by those who want to see me win. Faith is something that is very important to me, and has only become stronger since attending HPU and I’ve been blessed to attend a university that values God the same way I do.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Get involved! Joining clubs and organizations at HPU allowed me to connect with like-minded students and upperclassmen that helped shape my college journey.”