Class of 2022 Outcomes: Josh Dubost Journeys to Graduate School

Apr 27th, 2022

Dubost_Josh_291-e1650647363790.jpg
Josh Dubost
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
Business Administration

HPU graduates are leading prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2022:

Name: Josh Dubost

Hometown: Collegeville, Pennsylvania

Major: Business administration with minors in sales and marketing

Post-graduation plans: Dubost will be continuing his education at Drexel University’s LeBow College of Business where he will pursue a master’s in business administration.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU provided me with many resources and great advice about transitioning into life after graduation. My professors offered unique perspectives throughout the application process to continue my education at Drexel University, as well as exploring different job opportunities and career paths. The professors at HPU are great resources for students because of their experience and industry connections.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU was Larry Quinn, chair of the Department of Marketing and Sales, who provided me with support as I researched graduate schools and gave me invaluable input through the entire process. Professor Quinn was a great sounding board for me, and the letter of recommendation he wrote on my behalf no doubt assisted me in being accepted into numerous prestigious business schools. He also prepared me to actively participate in HPU’s Career Fair and Internship Expo and to explore careers post-graduation. I have met with him frequently throughout my senior year at HPU, and I highly recommend other students connect with him to utilize his knowledge and experience to get a step ahead.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moments at HPU are winning the Big South Tournament for the first time in HPU Men’s Soccer history, making the NCAA tournament twice during my athletic career and being named to the Honor Roll. Being a part of the most successful soccer recruiting class in school history is something that I will always remember and be proud of.”

How has HPU’s inspiring environment contributed to your success? “High Point University surrounds every single student with fantastic resources that properly prepare them for success after graduation. Integrating all of these resources into lesson plans make it easy for students to access and utilize them.”

What are the life skills HPU helped you develop that prepared you for long-term success? “As a four-year Division 1 student-athlete at HPU, I had the opportunity to refine my skills of time management, multitasking and working successfully in a team environment — skills that will prepare me well for long-term success. Having to juggle soccer practice, classes and my social life has given me a taste of what working full-time while pursuing my MBA will be like.”

What are the values and virtues HPU’s campus helped you develop that you’ll take with you after graduation? “Throughout my four years at HPU, I’ve seen how much the university gives back to the surrounding communities. As part of the men’s soccer team, I had the opportunity to personally give back by building houses for Habitat for Humanity. This experience reinforced in me that we all play a role in contributing to the greater good of the communities where we live, work and go to school.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Don’t take your time at HPU for granted because it goes by quickly. And take advantage of every resource and mentor that HPU offers.”