Class of 2022 Outcomes: Emmy Beck-Aden Navigates to NBCUniversal

May 11th, 2022

headshot.2.png
Emmy Beck-Aden
Athens, Ohio
Media Production and Entrepreneurship
NBCUniversal

HPU graduates are leading prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2022:

Name: Emmy Beck-Aden

Hometown: Athens, Ohio

Major: Media production and entrepreneurship with a minor in political science

Post-graduation plans: Beck-Aden will be joining the NBCUniversal Page Program in New York City. The historic program is a year-long rotational designed for cohorts of early career professionals in both New York City and Los Angeles. Beck-Aden will serve in a diverse array of assignments with departments throughout the company, including production, business development, public relations and digital.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU provided me with unmatched opportunities, resources and mentors. HPU instills confidence in students to pursue their passions and purpose through inspiration and collaboration. The Office of Career and Professional Developments friendly, supportive staff were very helpful in giving advice and sharing words of encouragement throughout my job search.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU is Professor Joe Michaels. Michaels not only inspired my career path but was a source of constant support and a catalyst for consistent growth. His open-door policy allowed me to learn so much about the media production industry, and he was one of my biggest advocates for my personal and professional development. He helped me instrumentally during my senior capstone project and throughout my two independent studies. I can’t wait to follow in his footsteps and begin my career at NBCUniversal with the same first job he had.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “One of my most impactful moments was during our 2020 HPU Election Night Special. I had the honor of directing and planning with a great team. Getting to see our campus come together — as cast, crew, researchers, social media specialists and viewers — was a moment I will never forget.”

How has HPU’s inspiring environment contributed to your success? “HPU is purposeful in everything it does, and I have always felt inspired to strive for my best and to encourage others to do the same.”

What are the life skills HPU helped you develop that prepared you for long-term success? “I’m very grateful for all of the hands-on learning experiences in production and throughout campus. I spearheaded and broadcasted a variety of news, sports and entertainment shows while getting valuable advice from fellow peers, faculty and staff. HPU also helped me develop important networking and leadership skills through student engagement opportunities, particularly through my time in the Student Government Association.”

What are the values and virtues HPU’s campus helped you develop that you’ll take with you after graduation? “HPU helped me place a deep emphasis on mentorship, collaboration and service. I know these values are incredibly important inside and outside of the workplace, and I will continue to implement them in my daily life post-graduation.”

Advice for underclassmen: “I encourage underclassmen to take advantage of the diverse and plentiful opportunities that HPU has to offer! Being a part of many different groups within our campus community has been one of my favorite parts of my college experience.”