Class of 2022 Outcomes: Julia Beron Goes After Her Goals

May 15th, 2022

5EE3038F-610F-41DE-BAC6-C2BBCF3D1B6B-e1651690397499.jpeg
Julia Beron
Montville, New Jersey
Psychology

HPU graduates are leading prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2022:

Name: Julia Beron

Hometown: Montville, New Jersey

Major: Psychology with a minor in criminal justice

Post-graduation plans: Beron will be attending North Carolina State University in Raleigh, North Carolina to pursue a master’s in social work.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU gave me so much — most importantly, amazing relationships with friends and professors. HPU taught me that I can be fully independent, even with my medical conditions, and gave me the confidence to take the next step in pursuing my dream career. I learned to keep pushing forward and to never give up on my goals. My professors were also incredibly helpful and supported me during the graduate school application process and inspired me to believe in myself.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor is Dr. Kelly Curtis, associate professor of psychology. She was always supportive and gave me advice that I will take with me after graduation. Dr. Curtis is so understanding and helped guide me to where I am now.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My sorority bid day freshman year! By joining Zeta Tau Alpha, I met some of my best friends and was offered amazing opportunities. I wouldn’t be where I am today without the experiences I had in Zeta Tau Alpha Sorority.”

What are the values and virtues HPU’s campus helped you develop that you’ll take with you after graduation? “HPU instilled in me the importance of independence, community involvement, a hard work ethic and other life skills. I will carry these throughout my life.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Put yourself out there. It can be hard and intimidating to transition into college where you don’t know many people — but everyone around you feels the same way. Go to freshman events, reach out to classmates and get involved in clubs and organizations. And build relationships with your professors! They are the ones who will write your recommendation letters for a future job or graduate school.”