Class of 2022 Outcomes: Katie Bozek Sources Science Talent

Jun 02nd, 2022

IMG_1000-e1653575754828.jpg
Katie Bozek
Fort Worth, Texas 
Biology; Sociology and Anthropology
Phaidon International

HPU graduates are leading prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2022:

Name: Katie Bozek

Hometown: Fort Worth, Texas

Major: Biologysociology and anthropology

Post-graduation plans: Bozek will be joining Phaidon International as a consultant in Charlotte, North Carolina. In this role, she will be responsible for sourcing senior-level talent in the science field and assisting candidates through the hiring process. Bozek will work with both candidates and clients, assisting them from the initial interview to the final placement.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU gave me the confidence to pursue a sales-oriented job and provided me coursework that laid the groundwork for a successful career. Amazing career advisors in the Office of Career and Professional Development guided my job search and fine-tuned my resume and cover letters.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor was Dr. Silvana Rosenfeld. Dr. Rosenfeld is one of the most passionate and inspiring women I’ve ever met. I wouldn’t have pursued a degree in sociology and anthropology if it weren’t for her honors course on social collapse and human resilience. She is a special professor, and I’m grateful she was part of my HPU experience.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was walking across the Commencement stage with my twin brother. We both worked so hard and went through challenges to achieve that milestone. Attending HPU together strengthened our relationship as siblings and graduating side-by-side is a memory I will cherish forever.”

What are the life skills HPU helped you develop that prepared you for long-term success? “As a leader in my sorority, I developed a sense of confidence in my decision making that I will carry with me throughout my career.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Take advantage of every opportunity that comes your way at HPU. Rush Greek life, go to the Café with your friends and don’t be afraid to do things out of your comfort zone.”