Internship Profile: Kayla Broom Gets Global Experience at Goldman Sachs

Jun 29th, 2022

Screen Shot 2022 06 28 at 11.47.00 AM

Read More Internship Profiles  

Name: Kayla Broom

Hometown: Cullowhee, North Carolina 

Major: Business administration with a minor in marketing

Internship: Broom joins leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm Goldman Sachs as an operations summer analyst in the Global Markets Division in Dallas, Texas. In her role, she helps businesses buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding and manage risk on a daily basis.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU helped me by offering the Business Bootcamp course, a required class for my major. In Business Bootcamp we learned about resumes, LinkedIn, communicating, what type of person we are and how we work best. Knowing that information helped me understand the purpose — some students do not have a LinkedIn or resume before that class. Another aspect of the class was to write goals and make them S.M.A.R.T.  (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time-Bound). By doing this, I saw that my goals were achievable, and one of my goals was to land an internship with Goldman Sachs. I also visited the Office of Career and Professional Development my freshman year and received help constructing my resume.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Dr. David Little impacted most at High Point University. I went to Professor Little to ask about my resume and ideas I had about the topics we discussed in class. We would talk every day after class — about my future, my internship and getting to know each other. Professor Little was the most helpful and compassionate professor I’ve had. He cares about his students and will do anything he can to help them, whether it is for his class, another class, an internship or their future.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “My internship experience with Goldman Sachs has been life-changing. It has opened my eyes to so many possibilities in the business world. It’s prepared me for my future by placing me in a real-world work setting and being responsible for the same work as my peers.”