Internship Profile: Morgan Smith Markets for Cisco

Jun 23rd, 2022

Read More Internship Profiles  

Name: Morgan Smith

Hometown: Clayton, North Carolina

Major: Marketing with a minor in psychology

Internship: Smith is participating in a 13-week summer internship with Cisco Technologies as a marketing specialist. She works with other Cisco team members on marketing projects, researching and using her personal knowledge to give recommendations for marketing strategies.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU helped me get where I am by encouraging me to look for internships early. The team of career advisors in the Office of Career and Professional Development helped me revise my resume and gave me interview tips.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU is Nita Williams, head of circulation for HPU’s libraries. Ms. Nita has worked at HPU for over 10 years and has shown me how to make the most of my college experience. She is someone I can count on to point me in the right direction and someone I look up to.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “Cisco is an amazing, future-oriented company that adapts to societal changes. Even though my internship has been virtual, I’ve learned from seasoned professionals and gotten hands-on experience in the digital growth marketing field. I have met and gained knowledge from professionals across all areas of marketing as well as high-level executives. Through the meaningful work I do in this role, I learn not only what professionals in digital growth marketing do but also the ins and outs of the company. I have enjoyed every second!”