Internship Profile: Sara Gheitanchi Gains Business Experience

Jun 01st, 2022

READ MORE INTERNSHIP PROFILES

Name: Sara Gheitanchi 

Hometown: Chantilly, Virginia

Major: Business administration with a minor in social media marketing

Internship: Gheitanchi joined CACI, a computer and information technology company that provides services to many branches of the US federal government, as business development intern. In this role, she worked with a team to research business development opportunities that would benefit the organization.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU helped me prepare for my internship interview and taught me how to handle myself during business dinners. I met with my career advisor in the Office of Career and Professional Development to get feedback on my resume, and I felt confident in my dining experience during the internship thanks to my time at HPU’s fine-dining restaurants, 1924 Prime and Alo.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Professor Holcombe. She is an amazing teacher who takes the time to get to know students on a personal level.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Being initiated into my sorority, Tri Sigma. I found a sisterhood here and a group of friends who influence me.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Utilize as many resources as possible and never take anything for granted. Work hard and know your goals!”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “It helped me grow my skills as a student and as a professional in the workplace. I now know how to manage my time and take care of my schoolwork.”