Class of 2022 Outcomes: Sara Fountain Manages All Aspects of Events

Jul 18th, 2022

46678A65-E95C-4D00-96FF-97DD3477B38A-1.jpeg
Sara Fountain
Cooperstown, New York
Event Management
Nationwide Marketing Group

HPU graduates are leading prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary graduate from the Class of 2022:

Name: Sara Fountain

Hometown: Cooperstown, New York

Major: Event management with minor in business administration

Post-graduation plans: Fountain works as an event coordinator with Nationwide Marketing Group in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. In her role, she is responsible for venue, vendor and client research. She manages timelines and project plans for every event while ensuring plans are within budget. She also provides ideas for event experiences.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU taught me everything I know about the event industry. Through an amazing support system and extensive, hands-on projects, I expanded my creativity. HPU pushed me to excel as a student and as a person. My dream was to work in the events industry, and my professors, classes and HPU community helped that dream come true. The Office of Career and Professional Development helped me build my resume and search for jobs. Their team was always there when I needed a push in my studies. I am thankful for the assistance I received from their office and will carry their advice with me in my future careers.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My time at HPU was guided by amazing mentors who believed in me. Dr. Jessica Wiitala, assistant professor of event management, was my most impactful mentor. She helped me grow during my four years at HPU and was the most helpful and kind woman I’ve ever met. I hope to one day become the amazing and successful event professional that she is. Her knowledge and passion for events is what made my love for events grow, and I thank her for all she has done for me.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was when I walked across the stage at graduation. It symbolized my achievements and allowed me to reflect on the amazing memories I had. My experience at HPU was incredible. I couldn’t have asked for a better place to call home.”

How has HPU’s inspiring environment contributed to your success? “HPU pushes students to do great things and provides resources help students excel in class and prepare for the future. HPU creates a community that makes you want to be extraordinary and successful. Through class lectures, guest speakers and Dr. Qubein’s encouraging speeches, my eyes were open to new opportunities. HPU also provides opportunities to network, which helps students land successful jobs.”

What are the values and virtues HPU’s campus helped you develop that you’ll take with you after graduation? “I learned to be myself and value others. HPU gave me a second family and people I could count on, which I will treasure forever. HPU also taught me to be courageous, take risks and never give up.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Take advantage of HPU and all of its resources. HPU’s faculty and staff want you to be successful and are there to help with whatever you need. Enroll in fun and exciting classes that interest you but also try something new! HPU offers an abundance of opportunities to get involved and my biggest advice is to take those opportunities and do something great with them.”

Share your news with us for a chance to be featured!