Internship Profile: Kate McCarthy Serves up Strategy at Chick-fil-A

Jul 01st, 2022

Read More Internship Profiles  

Name: Kate McCarthy

Hometown: Holden, Massachusetts 

Major: Marketing and finance with a minor in sales

Internship: McCarthy joins the Chick-fil-A team in Atlanta, Georgia, as a consumer data privacy intern. In her role, she works on the Customer and Market Insights team to help power decisions through intelligence, illumination and influence. She provides support on data privacy strategy, day-to-day operations and data privacy guardrails to support the marketing organization. She is also responsible for supporting customer data by stakeholders and compliance with privacy regulations cross-functionally in Legal, DTT, Enterprise Analytics and Operations.

How HPU helped you get there: “The inspiring environment at HPU encouraged me to go after my goals. I have a great support system from professors, faculty and fellow students that guide, mentor, and support me. I have access to tons of resources on campus whenever I need help or have a question. I used the Office of Career and Professional Development a lot to navigate the current job market and gain the skills needed to excel in my professional endeavors.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was joining Alpha Kappa Psi, the business fraternity on campus. In this organization, I am surrounded by like-minded leaders and influential people on campus. I have had the opportunity to serve on the executive board for AKPsi which helped me expand on my leadership skills.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “My internship experience has been nothing short of amazing! I have been working on developing and executing a new Privacy Champions group to communicate Chick-fil-A’s vision and goals for privacy throughout teams in the marketing department to create a culture of advocacy for privacy. I am also participating in an intern group project focused around improving the Campus Systems at Chick-fil-A Corporate Support Center over the next three to 10 years, and we will present our findings at the end of the summer to top executives. I’ve met with various business leaders from Chick-fil-A who have provided insight about the business and given great advice. I have gained invaluable experience and knowledge that will help me in the future.”