Class of 2022 Outcomes: Eleonore Catteau Creates Event Memories

Aug 30th, 2022

9F88E6EE-EBFD-4FAF-89FC-B07C34F435CB-scaled-e1660852858998.jpeg
Eleonore Catteau
Palm Desert, California
M.A. in Communication and Business Leadership
University of California, San Francisco

HPU graduates are leading prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary graduate from the Class of 2022:

Name: Eleonore Catteau

Hometown: Palm Desert, California

Major: M.A. in communication and business leadership

Post-graduation plans: Catteau joined the University of California, San Francisco as an event coordinator.

How HPU helped you get there: “My undergraduate degree in event management at HPU sparked my interest in the world of events and what it means to create a core memory for someone. My job as the event coordinator of the Nido R. Qubein School of Communication while completing my master’s in communication and business leadership showed me just how much of a passion I have for turning ideas into memorable experiences for families, students and alumni.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Dr. Virginia McDermott, dean and professor of strategic communication; Dr. Tanisha Watkins, instructor of strategic communication; Dr. Brianna Clark, assistant professor of event management and Dr. Jessica Wiitala, assistant professor of event management were my most impactful mentors at HPU. They were the powerful and influential women I needed in my life.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment was when I met with my Success Coach the first week of classes and realized event management was not only going to be my new career path but also a lifelong passion! Through my Success Coach’s guidance, I declared my major, completed an event internship and an event coordinator part-time role with the School of Communication at HPU, and now I’ve started an event coordinator/specialist role with UCSF!”

How has HPU’s inspiring environment contributed to your success? “HPU’s environment contributed to my success in and out of the classroom. Not only the details within the beautiful campus but also the amazing professors motivated my success and made me want to strive to do great things! HPU’s clubs and organizations also contributed to my success. Alpha Phi Omega, a service organization, introduced me to some of the most selfless and caring people through extraordinary service opportunities and events. I was also a part of Tri Sigma where I was surrounded by passionate, determined women who showed me the ultimate power of friendship.”

What are the life skills HPU helped you develop that prepared you for long-term success? “HPU taught me many life skills. My undergraduate minor in sales taught me the importance of networking and creating a relationship beyond a deal and perfecting those interpersonal skills.”

What are the values and virtues HPU’s campus helped you develop that you’ll take with you after graduation? “HPU’s values and emphasis on the importance of gratitude and generosity, mentorship, civility and respect all align with who I was before and after my college career. These values are truly a staple for HPU. The way the university operates is shown through the faculty and staff, students and everything the campus has to offer.”

Advice for underclassmen: “‘Adulting’ can be a scary thought, but the reality is you make your own future! Go after the kind of life you want for yourself and never let setbacks or challenges steer you away from what you want!”

Share your news with us for a chance to be featured!