Internship Profile: Christy Hribar Promotes Warner Bros. Films

Oct 14th, 2022

Read More Internship Profiles  

Name: Christy Hribar

Hometown: Hilliard, Ohio 

Major: Marketing with minors in strategic communication and social media marketing

Internship: Over the summer, Hribar interned for Warner Bros. Discovery as a global publicity intern in New York City. In her role, she worked with the Theatrical Global Publicity Department to assist with publicity and marketing campaigns for feature films such as “Elvis,” “DC League of Super-Pets,” “Don’t Worry Darling,” “Black Adam” and more.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has prepared me for my future by helping me develop self-confidence in my marketing and communication skills and by fostering an environment that allows me to build meaningful relationships that will further my professional journey.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Dr. Cynthia Hanson, Dr. Sarah Vaala, Professor Kennedy Jones and HPU’s Broadcaster in Residence Joe Michaels in the Nido R. Qubein School of Communication are my most impactful mentors at HPU. I have truly appreciated getting to know them, working with them, and learning from their stories about marketing and communications. Their industry insight and support mean so much to me, and I am grateful for their encouragement and dedication to helping students like myself reach their goals.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “My internship was an absolute dream — getting to learn more about marketing and communications for movies. I sincerely enjoyed working with the best and kindest people in the entertainment industry. I learned to engage in brainstorming sessions, create presentations and research reports, organize daily press breaks, and maintain schedules and documents for publicity events, including screenings, premieres, tours, and press junkets. Overall, this internship helped prepare me for my future in entertainment marketing and communications by letting me experience the ‘behind the scenes’ process for multiple film campaigns and what work goes into making them successful.”