Internship Profile: Taylor Gray Advocates for Families

Oct 18th, 2022

Read More Internship Profiles

Name: Taylor Gray

Hometown: Alexandria, Virginia

Major: Political science with a minor in psychology and on a pre-medicine track

Internship: Gray works as a victim advocate at Bridges to Hope Family Services Inc. in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. She assists individuals and families who experience domestic violence, sexual assault, child maltreatment, elder abuse, stalking and human trafficking. She also provides direct services to victims, assists advocates in safety planning and providing crisis intervention, and attends criminal and civil court proceedings to support victims during court.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU provided numerous resources to gain internships and make connections throughout the Triad to best serve the community. I conducted mock interviews through the Office of Career and Professional Development, which allowed me to gain internships and receive several job offers. HPU has helped me develop effective communication skills with professors and advisors who have mentored me to be successful in the future.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was attending my first involvement fair and joining Army ROTC. It helped me grow into the leader and person I am today and will forever have an impact on my life. Being at HPU these last four years has allowed me to break out of my comfort zone and learn how to advocate for myself in every part of my education.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “It has been an amazing and eye-opening experience. It is preparing me for my future by teaching me how to advocate for those dealing with domestic violence issues and furthering my passion for helping others and the community.”

Share your news with us for a chance to be featured!