ProQuest Prize: To enter the competition for the best oral presentation, send a copy of your PowerPoint presentation with a voice overlay using the subject heading “High-PURCS Oral Award”. Send your PowerPoint voice over to email@example.com by Thursday, April 13. For help in creating a voice over for your PowerPoint, you may contact Media at Smith Library by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 15 minutes (12 minutes to speak and 3 minutes for questions)
- The schedule will be strictly enforced so be sure to practice your timing.
- Do not talk too fast!
- A moderator will be in your room to track your time and give you a 3 min. warning.
- Expect a classroom setting with presenter at the front of the room.
- A computer and projector will be available.
- Show up before the start of the session to load any audiovisual presentation on the desktop.
- Bring your presentation on a USB drive; you must use the classroom computer
- Keep a copy of your presentation in your email as a backup.
- Tips on preparing oral presentations:
We reserve the right to cancel a presenter’s session if the above requirements are not met.