visit to HPU
- Posters must adhere to a 36 in x 48 in presentation foam board. Boards may be oriented horizontally or vertically
- Set the dimensions to 36 in x 48 in or less.
- The title of your poster should appear across the top in large letters. Please limit your poster title length. Poster titles using a font size of 60 point will stand out and be easy to read. The minimum font size for poster titles should be 36 point. Below the title put the name(s) of the student author(s), faculty sponsor, and school or institution.
- You may want to use graphics to fill in empty margins. Consider using the following: Event poster, URCW microscope, URCW logo (black, purple)
- Use at least 24 pt font or larger for main text
- Posters generally read from left to right and top to bottom in columns
- Guidelines for creating a poster in PowerPoint (ignore printing instructions)
- You may wish to use color for highlighting and to make your poster more attractive. Use pictures, diagrams, cartoons, figures, etc., rather than text wherever possible.
- Limit the text – people will not read a lot of text– and use bullets instead of paragraphs where there is text.
- Your poster should cover the key points of your work. It need not attempt to include all the details; you can describe them to people who are interested. The ideal poster is designed to attract attention, provide a brief overview of your work, and initiate discussion.
- Websites for best practices
- Bring push pins to adhere posters to board
- You are asked to put your poster up at the beginning of events for the day
- You will know where to hang your poster by a number in the program
- Presenters should expect to attend their posters and answer questions
- Be prepared to give a 2 min. summary to your audience