Class of 2018 Outcomes: Angie Paskewitz Zeroes in on Xerox

Class of 2018 Outcomes: Angie Paskewitz

With another successful commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2018:

Name: Angie Paskewitz

Hometown: LucanMinnesota

Major: Sales with a minor in marketing

Post-graduation plans: Paskewitz recently joined the Xerox team as an overlay sales specialist. She supports other sales reps in the field as an expert in production printers. She visits customers daily, seeks non-user businesses, and ensures that the sales reps have everything they need to be successful in their roles.

How HPU helped you get there: “My professors and advisers not only helped me make connections with individuals in Fortune 500 companies like Xerox, they also gave me the unique sales skills to stand above any competitors applying for a similar role. Because of the mentorship and guidance I received from Larry Quinn, Mark Michael and Randy Moser in the sales department, I was the first college student ever hired for my role at Xerox and the youngest by more than 10 years. The Office of Career and Professional Development was also vital to my success as a young professional. From resume and cover letter help, to drop-in hours for small adjustments, the professional experts in that office were an extremely helpful resource.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Larry Quinn was the most amazing mentor I could have asked for. He went above and beyond in every possible way to help me gain a competitive advantage while pursuing a career in sales. He was there to support and assist me in achieving my goal to graduate in three years with honors.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU came from founding the philanthropy department in the HPU selling club. Through my work in the selling club over my three years as a student, I was able to provide over 200 local families with a Thanksgiving meal. The impact I had on the community had the greatest impact on me.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Go for it! Don’t hold back from a single opportunity because you think it’ll be too challenging. You can do it, and HPU will help you do it. Find mentors and use your resources. Anything is attainable if you’re willing to take a chance on yourself!”