Class of 2019 Outcomes: Hayle Caltabiano Markets for MullenLowe

Hayle Caltabiano

With another successful Commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are kicking off prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2019:

Name: Hayle Caltabiano

Hometown: Lighthouse Point, Florida

Major: Strategic communication with a minor in marketing

Post-graduation plans: Caltabiano accepted a position as a project management representative for MullenLowe in New York City. She will be overseeing projects in the creative development team, planning and leading meetings with not only the MullenLowe team but also international offices.

How HPU helped you get there: “When I came into HPU, I was incredibly shy and afraid to use my voice. In my time at HPU, I have developed into a leader who is not afraid to ask questions, and I have adopted a growth mindset. Professors and other staff members have taught me not to be afraid to branch out and showcase my ideas no matter how out of the ordinary they may be.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “There are three people that have truly impacted my growth at High Point University. I want to thank Doug Hall in the Office of Career and Professional Development. He was my success coach, and later career advisor. He taught me how to network, not be afraid to reach out and use the connections in my network! Professor Randy Moser was another impactful mentor. Although I had one semester with him, I wish that I could have had every semester learning from Dr. Moser! I experienced the most growth while in his class. He is such a passionate marketer and leader. He made me feel that my work was truly great, even when I didn’t believe so and he truly set me up for success. I also want to thank Professor Hanson for allowing me to see my capabilities as a marketer and leader.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “The most impactful moment at HPU was in Professor Moser’s class when my marketing team was chosen to work with The Griffin Foundation – an organization created by Gina and Dane Weathers, who both work closely with High Point University. This project was when I realized that I really wanted to go into marketing and help such amazing organizations grow and excel.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Don’t be afraid to talk to people – don’t be shy, talk to your professor, talk to your classmates and make LinkedIn your best friend! Always try to immerse yourself in situations where you can step out of your comfort zone. You will find that you grow the most and learn a lot about yourself.”