Class of 2019 Outcomes: Julia DeFilippis Transitions to Townsquare Interactive

Julia DeFilippis

With another successful commencement behind us, recent High Point University graduates are already preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2019:

Name: Julia DeFilippis

Hometown: Flemington, New Jersey

Major: Biology with a minor in marketing

Post-graduation plans: DeFilippis will be a digital marketing specialist at Townsquare Interactive in Charlotte, North Carolina. She will be a liaison between the digital design team and the customer base making sure they are satisfied with products and packages. Managing over 200 accounts, she will provide customer service to each account, ensuring their digital presence is something they are proud to show the world.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has a lot of opportunities to network, which is where I was able to grow out of my comfort zone and feel confident talking to people I didn’t already know. Having Office of Career and Professional Development was a huge help in making sure I had a clear idea in what my career path would look like to achieve my ultimate goals.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “I would say Dr. Vernon Coffield was a great mentor to me during my years at HPU that were heavily focused on biology classes. He always acted as an inspiring leader to the classes he taught and helped make sure we felt confident in ourselves.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “I think the most impactful moment I experienced at HPU was taking my last biology class final. I felt the culmination of my time at HPU at that moment, and it meant a lot to me to complete my major strongly.”

Advice for underclassmen: “My advice to underclassmen would be, be fierce in your exploration to find what sets your soul on fire. Never choose a career path for the money, location, or what anyone else expects of you. If you choose what makes you feel fulfilled and happy, you’ll never “work” a day in your life — and that is the ultimate goal.”