Internship Profile: Jessica Marley Joins Jonathan Adler

Name: Jessica Marley

Hometown: Eastchester, New York

Major: Interior design with a minor in marketing

Internship: Marley joins Jonathan Adler as a product design intern in New York City. She assists the product design team with design sheets, sample reviews and material inventory. Marley also works with their design team on interior design projects, budgeting and measurements.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has played a huge role in how far I have gotten after only one year. HPU has allowed me to grow and flourish as a student, and with the help of the amazing support system and mentors, I felt comfortable applying for internships even as a freshman. The Office of Career and Professional Development helped work on my resume and guided me through the process of seeking and applying for internships. They continue to provide me with all of the knowledge to make any application process a breeze.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My freshman success coach, Akir Khan, has been the most inspiring and motivational mentor. Although he is no longer my success coach, he allowed me to realize the importance of persistence and believing in myself. With the help of his constant motivation and guidance, and the help of the entire Student Success Program, I gained the confidence I needed to apply for and land this internship.”

What has your internship experience been like, and how is it preparing you for your future?: “My internship at Jonathan Adler has been an amazing learning experience. So far it has allowed me to access to real-life experience with interior design and product design. It is such an amazing opportunity that I am so grateful to be able to experience.”