Class of 2021 Outcomes: Hannah Julian Joins C.H. Robinson

Apr 19th, 2021

1572294144495
Hannah Julian
Salisbury, North Carolina
Business Administration
Internship / Job
Carrier Sales Representative
C.H. Robinson

With another Commencement quickly approaching, High Point University graduates will be commencing prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2021:

Name: Hannah Julian

Hometown: Salisbury, North Carolina

Major: Business administration with a minors in sales and marketing

Post-graduation plans: Julian joins C.H. Robinson as a carrier sales representative in Charlotte, North Carolina. She will develop and build relationships between transportation companies and C.H. Robinson customers and will focus on securing the right carrier at the right place at the right time to deliver the customers’ goods on time.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU gave me so many tools to get me to where I am today. I learned so much in and out of the classroom. I loved being able to practice skills like negotiating and role-playing scenarios that I will be using in my career because it truly helps to prepare you. During my time at HPU, I was employed by the Admissions Call Center. In this job, I was able to learn real skills such as sales, marketing, and cold-calling which eventually led me to the career path I am on today. I will forever be thankful for this position. The Office of Career and Professional Development helped me format my resume. It is so important to utilize these resources because they are invaluable and will give you tools that you will carry with you through your career!”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Professor Larry Quinn has been my mentor throughout much of my time at High Point University. From being part of the Professional Selling Club to having multiple classes with him, I have learned so much from professor Quinn. I always knew that I could go to him with anything from perfecting my two-minute drill to job offers. I would pop into his office without notice and he was always so welcoming and eager to help. His classes at HPU will always be some of my favorite memories.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My time working on campus had a huge impact on my time at HPU. One moment that truly impacted me was when I was promoted to the team lead position in the call center. I was so proud to be recognized by my boss and peers for my work. From that moment on, I knew that I was meant to do sales and marketing.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Don’t be afraid to ask for help! Remember that everyone at HPU is dedicated to helping make you a successful individual. Make connections and don’t be afraid to get involved.  As a freshman, I remember telling myself that it was pointless for me to attend career fairs because I wasn’t looking for jobs at the time. I was wrong. It is so important to establish connections early on because you have no idea where they can take you. Take advantage of every event on campus! We go to a beautiful university and it’s easy to forget the initial feeling you had when you first stepped on campus. Embrace your time on campus because you have no idea what it’s worth until it’s gone.”