Class of 2021 Outcomes: Emily Katz Decides on an MBA

Oct 07th, 2021

Lifetouch Portrait
Emily Katz
Naples, Florida
Business Administration

With another Commencement behind us, High Point University graduates will be commencing prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary member of the Class of 2021:

Name: Emily Katz

Hometown: Naples, Florida

Major: Business administration with minors in sales and marketing

Post-graduation plans: Katz is attending Crummer Graduate School of Business at Rollins College in pursuit of an MBA.

How HPU helped you get there: “All the resources at High Point University helped me prepare. All of the classes that were a part of my major and minors gave helpful lessons. The presentations in my business classes, learning how to greet an executive properly, and writing a professional email are just some of how HPU prepared me for where I am today. I would visit the Office of Career & Professional Development to make sure my resume was pristine, whether if it was for a class or even if I was looking to apply for internships independently.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “My most impactful mentor at HPU was Professor Larry Quinn. I first had him during my spring semester of sophomore year. As my advisor and professor, he taught me the importance of stepping out of my comfort zone. There were many instances that I could bring up, but the unique 2-minute drill we prepared at the beginning of the Sales in Dynamic Environments class was the first component. I was nervous, but Professor Quinn gave me the skills and knowledge I needed to succeed.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “I am unable to pinpoint just one impactful moment at HPU. Yet, over four years at High Point University, I have made connections with professors, faculty, and other students that I will have for a lifetime.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Utilize the resources that are on campus. For example, speak to your advisor; they are there to help you succeed and provide you with the best advice possible. Also, talk to your professors; if you are interested in a particular industry, speak to the head of the department to receive guidance.”