Class of 2022 Outcomes: Lauryn Parker Partners with Health Centers in Nashville

Jun 13th, 2022

ParkerFam-Dec20_0194-e1654867119221.jpg
Lauryn Parker
Tallahassee, Florida
Psychology
Integrative Health Centers

HPU graduates are leading prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary senior from the Class of 2022:

Name: Lauryn Parker

Hometown: Tallahassee, Florida

Major: Psychology with a minor in Spanish

Post-graduation plans: Parker joins Integrative Health Centers as a business development representative in Nashville, Tennessee. She partners with clinics, hospitals and health systems in rural and underserved areas to offer patients psychiatric, behavioral health and addiction medicine services. Her organization’s main goal is to improve access, coordination and continuity of quality behavioral health services in underserved and rural markets.

How HPU helped you get there: “All my experiences at HPU were valuable to my intellectual and physical growth. I took advantage of opportunities at HPU that were outside of my comfort zone and provided experience in various capacities. This led me to confidently pursue a role in sales and business, which is outside of the field of study I pursued during my time at HPU. Additionally, connections I made with faculty and staff, such as Dr. Doug Hall and Mrs. Sandra Fantauzzi, helped me land my current role. The Office of Career and Professional Development helped me update my resume once I began applying to graduate schools. I also worked with Brandon Floyd, who helped guide me through the process of gaining academic credit for my internship.”

Most impactful mentor at HPU: “Mrs. Sandra Fantauzzi was one of my most impactful mentors at HPU. She inspired me daily to follow my heart as backed by designs from God and encouraged me in various academic and professional endeavors. She helped shape me into the woman I am today and helped me pave the path to success. Professor Hayden Carrón was another impactful mentor to me at HPU. He inspired me to follow my love for Spanish culture and actively worked to help design my course schedule and choose a study abroad program.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment was when I changed my major to psychology, because I saw a world of opportunities with the goals I initially planned. It made my time at HPU so enjoyable and impactful. Professors in the psychology department are unbeatable and I can not thank them enough for their guidance in and outside of the classroom.”

What are the life skills HPU helped you develop that prepared you for long-term success? “I took advantage of opportunities outside of the traditional education HPU offered — such as the Student Employment Program, an internship for academic credit and getting hands-on experience at the High Point Furniture Market. These networking opportunities allowed me to strengthen my interpersonal and intrapersonal skills.”

What are the values and virtues HPU’s campus helped you develop that you’ll take with you after graduation? Communication with peers, classmates and faculty is valued among the HPU community. Flexibility and growth mindset will follow me for many years to come, as it is needed to adapt in any setting — personal or professional.”

Advice for underclassmen: “Don’t rush to choose a major. Take advantage of HPU’s general education requirements because they may help you find your passion. Allow yourself to grow by listening to the wise people around you as well as yourself because you know you best. Also, do not be afraid to change and grow — that is what college is for. Embrace transformation instead of rejecting it.”