The High Point University Student Employment Program (SEP) is designed for experiential learning that will inspire, mentor and coach undergraduate students for professional expectations and career endeavors. Positions within Student Employment are considered on-campus jobs. All student employees will receive guidance, resources, and job skills they can apply towards their career after college life. We focus on responsibility, accountability, job etiquette, and many other aspects of employment. In order for the SEP to be successful we encourage every HPU undergraduate student to take advantage of this unique experience and become engaged. Most importantly we require student employees to:

Work Hard, Work Smart, HAVE FUN!


Sandra Fantauzzi
Student Employment Specialist
Phone: (336) 841-9491
Office Location: Couch – Suite #136

Sandra is available to provide assistance with:

  • Events
  • Coordinating recruitment & hiring
  • Processing employment; assist with Onboarding and I-9 submission


Whitney N. Neal
Director of Human Resources
Phone: (336) 841-9451

Frequently Asked Questions

 How many hours can I work each week?

First and foremost you, the student, have come to High Point University to excel in your academic studies and we want exactly that for you.  Therefore students are allowed to work a maximum of 20 hours per week.  By limiting your hours to 20 per week, this allows you to ensure you are meeting your academic expectations and allows HPU to extend the opportunity to more students who want to participate in Student Employment.

Will I be compensated?

Absolutely!  All student employees maintaining on-campus employment will be compensated for their hours worked.  Students are paid on a biweekly basis.  Each pay period will cover two weeks, beginning with a Saturday and ending on a Friday.  Pay for the pay period is issued the following Friday.  In the event the pay day falls on a holiday, employees will be paid on the proceeding workday.  High Point University does not issue “live” checks.  Therefore, all employee wages will be paid via direct deposit into his/her provided checking/savings account.

Is Student Employment flexible?

Student Employment as well as the department supervisors understand you are attending High Point University to receive the best education you can.  We are committed to ensuring you are able to complete your academic mission here on campus.  In order to successfully meet your mission and receive an experiential learning opportunity through the Student Employment Program, flexibility is pertinent. We simply ask that you keep your supervisor informed of your academic schedule so they can accommodate you to the best of their ability while maintaining their department staffing needs.

How do I apply for on-campus jobs?

Applying for a job is as easy as 1-2-3.  When you become a student at High Point University you will gain access to our job posting site, Workday.  This site is updated continuously with student employment opportunities.  You simply follow the steps as stated below.

  1. Visit the Workday Job Search Website
  2. Under the JOB CATEGORY, check the box beside STUDENT EMPLOYMENT
  3. Click JOB LINK and APPLY for positions that interest you
  4. Once selected for a position, accept the job offer
  5. Schedule an I-9 Appointment
  6. Begin Working!

 Is it easy to get an on-campus job?

Once you become a student at High Point University, securing an on-campus job through Student Employment is as easy as you make it.  We provide the resources and tools needed to locate and apply for a position.  The interview process is up to you.  We encourage every student interviewing for an on-campus job to take the opportunity seriously.  If interviewing via phone, maintain a friendly, confident, enthusiastic tone; if interviewing in person, dress appropriately.  This may be your 1st job, therefore this could be your 1st lesson in employment.  Apply for the jobs you are interested in, you are not limited to applying, only to accepting.  If you need more information on the job posting contact the department supervisor listed on the job posting or the SEP via email at, we are always happy to assist.

What areas offer employment?

There is a need for student employment all over the High Point University campus within  office settings, classrooms/labs, recreation areas, Student Life, tutoring, Admissions, etc. Throughout the year, roughly 350 different positions are filled with just over 1,200 HPU students (nearly 30% of the student body). Student Employment is able to accomplish this by limiting student work hours to 20 hours per week, and being flexible with student schedules.  If there is an area that interests you there is more than likely a position needing to be filled.  Don’t be afraid to be creative as well; if you see a need, speak with the department supervisor or dean.  Sometimes it takes a visionary leader to help us recognize new and creative ways for service through Student Employment.  For more details please contact the SEP via email at

To be eligible for employment, do I have to begin an on-campus job as a Freshman?

The answer is NO.  You are not required to secure an on-campus job as a Freshman in order to be eligible to work with Student Employment at a later date.  All of our students have different needs, and therefore some students begin working their Sophomore year, others their Junior, and some even start as a Senior.  We encourage all students to participate in the SEP because it is experiential learning.  The job you hold on campus may not be in the field of your dreams, however, this is an opportunity for professional development and the skills and advice you will receive can apply to any career.

What forms are required in order to begin employment?

When you accept a job on campus at High Point University, you will be required to complete an Employment Packet.  This packet contains Federal and NC State tax filing forms (W-4 & NC-4 or NC-EZ), Direct Deposit Agreement and Employment Verification Form I-9.

  • Federal (IRS) Form W-4

The W-4 must be completed to assure High Point University, the employer, withholds the correct federal income tax from all employees regardless of status (faculty, staff or student employees)

  • NC Sate Form NC-4 & NC-4EZ

North Carolina is not considered a reciprocal state, therefore wages earned in North Carolina must be taxed in North Carolina, this includes any non-resident wages earned in NC.

  • Direct Deposit

High Point University does not issue “live” checks.  All employee wages will be paid via direct deposit into his/her provided checking/savings account.

  • Employment Verification Form I-9

The Form I-9 (Employment Verification Form) determines your eligibility status to work in the United States.  High Point University participates in E-Verify which is an internet based system used to determine eligibility for employment in the United States in real time.  In order to complete the I-9 process all employees regardless of status (faculty, staff, or student employees) are required to present acceptable, original, genuine, unexpired documents providing identity and employment authorization prior to beginning work on campus.  For additional information regarding the Form I-9 or a listing of acceptable documents please visit:

You may also contact the Student Employment Program via email ( with any questions you may have or to request a student employment brochure.

Am I eligible for Federal Work Study?

Federal Work Study is a need-based program for which the student must qualify based on the results of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).  The Office of Student Financial Planning determines a student’s eligibility for Work Study and the amount awarded, which will be listed on your financial aid award letter.  Not every student who receives need-based aid will receive a Federal Work Study award.  A Federal Work Study award does not guarantee a job on campus. Students must go through the employment process as listed above. If you have questions about your eligibility then you may contact the Office of Student Financial Planning via email

Are there job opportunities for International Students?

International students are eligible to hold student employment on-campus positions per terms of their visas.  It is important for you to be aware that your student visa will have stipulations on how many hours you can work each week.  Your visa requires compliance and must not be violated.  If you have any questions please contact the Office of International Student Services at (336) 841-4692 or via email