Handshake is the number one way college students get hired! This career management platform allows students and alumni to access opportunities posted directly by the employer or through Career & Professional Development.
Handshake is also where HPU students can upload their resume for review by a professional Career Advisor.
To simplify your process of applying to opportunities on Handshake, your resume needs to be reviewed and approved by the Office of Career & Professional Development prior to applying. To upload your resume to Handshake for review, log into Handshake and go to My Documents under your name in the upper right corner.
How to Edit a Document in Handshake
If your Career Advisor is asking you to edit/re-upload your revised resume, follow the instructions below. For a video walkthrough, refer to Video: How to Edit a Document.
1. Click on your account icon in the upper-right corner of Handshake, then click on Documents.
2. Find the document you want to edit or delete and click on the name of it.
3. To the right on the page, click Edit Document.
4. On the Editing page, you can change the following:
- Document name
- Document type
- Make the document public (allows employers to download the document)
- Replace the existing document by selecting Choose File. If your Career Advisor is asking you to edit/re-upload your revised resume, this is what you will do.
5. Click Update Document.
How to Delete a Document in Handshake
If you have multiple versions of your resume on Handshake under “My Documents”, you should delete any version that is not marked as approved by the Office of Career & Professional Development.
On the document overview page, click Delete Document to the right on the page.
Once you click Delete, you will be prompted to confirm this deletion. Handshake does not store old versions of your documents, so if you edit or delete a document you think you might want to reference in the future, please keep a copy of that document in your own files.